Booking at Johnny D’s
Johnny D’s is a 300 capacity showcase music venue with a reputation of presenting good music of all sorts. Although we appreciate all that goes into performing, we look for headliners, openers, and co-bills that are able to bring in an audience that is rewarding to both Johnny D’s and the artist/band.
If you feel your band’s music is compatible with the music we generally present here, the level of musicianship is solid, and you are able to reach your fan base with a strong publicity effort, this could be a great room for you. Artists such as Ben Harper, Dixie Chicks, and Phish all have played here as they were beginning their careers, while others such as Emmy Lou Harris, Steve Earl, and Wanda Jackson performed already well known. We love the opportunity to help more great bands bring their music to the Somerville/Boston area!
Please check out our calendar page and our virtual tour. We field a tremendous amount of booking requests, so please be aware it takes about 3 weeks, more or less, for us to get to your submission. We will then view the information you provided in the form below, and will do our best to contact you with our comments/options.
Please do not be offended if we do not get back to you — even though it’s great stuff, it may be that we feel the band/artist is either not compatible with this venue or may not be ready at this time. It could also mean our computer crashed .
Thanks for your interest!
ON-LINE press kits are generally the rule, and sending us a link to yours is a good way to start. We do accept hard press kits, but only by request. Please do not mail us unsolicited materials.
Booking contact for Touring and Returning Acts:
Booking Office hours: Tues-Fri 2pm–7pm
If your band has not played Johnny D’s before
Please copy, paste, and fill out the following into an e-mail addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Artist/Band name:
- Number of Musicians:
- Dates Available:
- What is the contact information for the artist’s agency/person responsible for managing the artist/band?
- Phone #:
- What is the contact information for the person responsible for publicizing a date on artist’s/band’s behalf?
- Phone #:
- Please include any social media links, websites and how the artist/band will promote themselves to their fans:
- What is a reasonable estimate of your potential draw for this date?
- Please give us a rundown of your Boston area appearances with recent dates and draws:
- Any miscellaneous information you would like to relay?
- Please attach or provide a link to at least 2 audio clips (or an EPK) in your submission